Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance): Mumbai University Degree Course.
Three year B.Com Course divided into six semesters.
The Title: The Degree shall be tided as Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance) Objective of the Degree:
1) To create for the students of University of Mumbai and additional avenue of employment and also to benefit Banks. Insurance Companies & Industries providing them with suitable trained person in the field of Banking and Insurance.
2) To prepare student to exploit opportunities, being newly created, in the field of Banking & Insurance due to Globalisation. Privetisation & Liberalisation.
3) To provide adequate basic understanding about Banking, Insurance and other financial services among the student.
4) To give and adeqiate exposure to operational environment in the field of Banking Insurance & other related financial services.
5) To include training and practical approach among the student by using modern technologies in the field of Banking Insurance etc.
Eligibility for Admission
1) A candidates for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Banking Insurance) Degree Course shall have passed XII std. Examination or the equivalent and secure not less than 45% marks in aggregate at 40% in case reserved category) One & the same sitting. Prospectus for the year 2009-2010 23
2) Every Candidate admitted to the degree Course in the Constituent/affiliated College recognize institutions, Conduction the course. Shall have to register himself/herself with the University.
3) Students passing an examination equivalent to S. Y. J.C. of the Higher Secondary Board, Mumbai and Inter-Mediate (Arts/Science/Commerce) of University of Mumbai or from other states & immigrating from other Universities, Boards & seeking admission to the F. Y. of the Three Yea Integrated Degree Course will be admitted only on production of a Valid "Provisional Eligibilit Certificate" issued by the University of Mumbai for the current academic year and for the desired course. Such students should submit a migration certificate, statement of marks am passing certificate in original along with true copies within two months, from the date of admission failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled. Student are asked to see the University of Mumbai website www.mu.ac.in for various courses and its eligibility. Duration of the Courses and Related information
a) The course shall be a full time course. The durtion of the course shall be six semesters spread over in three years.
b) Number of students. A batch shall consist of not more than 60 students.
c) The course shall consist of 38 subject and 2 project.
d) Total number of lectures per paper per semester (Subject shall be maximum of 60 each of 50 minutes duration
|Semi - I||Semi - II|
|Environment & Management of Financial Services
Principles of Management
Introduction to Computer System
|Principles of Practices of Banking & Insurance.
|Semi - III||Semi - IV|
|Laws Governing Banking & Insurance.
Management Accounting (Tools & Techniques, Focus on Banking & Insurance)
Customer Relationship Management (B & I)
Information Technology In Banking & Insurance
Taxation of Financial Services
Innovations in Banking and Insurance.
Corporate Law and Laws Governing Capital Markets.
Financial Market (Equity, Debt, Forex & Derivaties)
Cost Accounting of Banking & Insurance
|Semi - V||Semi - VI|
Marketing in Banking & Insurance.
Strategic Management (Banking & Insurance)