Examinations Pattern (Degree College)
Scheme of Evaluations
The performance of the learners shall be evaluated in two parts internal assessment with 40% marks by way of continuous evaluation and by semester end assessment with 60% marks by conducting the theory examination.
- Internal Assessment: It is defined as the assessment of the learners on the basis of continuous evaluation as envisaged in the credit based system by way of participation of learners in various academic and correlated activities in the given semester of the programme.
- Semester End Assessment: It is defined as the assessment of the learners on the basis of performance in the semester end theory / written examinations.
Modality of Assessment
Internal Assessment 40% - 40 Marks
- Two periodical class test / Case stud(ies) / online or a combination of these 20 Marks
- One assignment 10 Marks
- Active participation in class instructional deliveries 05 Marks
- Overall conduct as a responsible student, mannerism and articulation and exhibit of leadership qualities in organizing related academic activities 05 Marks
Semester End Assessment 60% - 60 Marks
- Duration – These examinations shall be of 2 Hours duration.
- Question Paper Pattern:
- There shall be four questions each of 15 marks.
- All questions shall be compulsory with internal choice within the questions.
- Question may be subdivided into sub questions a, b, c, d & e only and the
- allocation of marks depends on the weight age of the topic.
Standard of Passing
- The learners shall have to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate to qualify each course where the course consists of Internal Assessment & Semester End Examination. However, the learners shall obtain minimum of 40% marks i.e. 16 out of 40 in the Internal Assessment and i.e. 24 out of 60 in Semester End Examination and i.e. 24 out of 60 in Semester End Examination separately.
- To qualify each course minimum grade E shall be obtained by the learners in each course and project wherever applicable in a particular semester.
Method to Carry forward the Marks
- A learners who PASSES in the Internal Assessment but FAILS in the Semester End Examination of the Course shall reappear for the Semester End Examination of that Course. However, his/her marks of the Internal assessment shall be carried over and he/she shall be entitled for grade obtained by him/her on passing of the complete course.
- A learners who FAILS in the Internal Assessment but PASSES in the Semester End Examination of the course shall submit and reappear for the Internal assessment in the form of projects for that course. However, his/her marks of the Semester End Examination shall be carried over and he/she shall be entitled for grade obtained by him/her on qualifying the course.
- The Evaluation for students who fails in Internal Assessment will consist of one project of 40 marks which will be divided into 20 marks for the documentation of the project given by the concerned teachers on the curriculum, 10 marks each for the presentation and for the viva.